Thursday, November 25, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge: Day 24: Shopping DEALS

Another silly gratitude:  I'm thankful for the sales and deals.  I shop in some unusual places and ways.  I look for great finds at prices I can afford.  One of my fave stores in the Grocery Warehouse.  It's a one store business where they are only open certain days of the week~have LOADS of fresh fruit and veggies for a song~and the very very best deal they have is packaged ends of delux quality  roasted turkey and smoked ham...for a song~no joke!  We buy and eat it about 5-10 packs a week...for this price~$1.39 for 20 ounces...you can't beat it! This stuff is low calorie too~2 ounces is 35 calories!  Today I got out there and purchased our weekly fare.  We just love the fresh veggies and fruit! Sooo got that stuff.  Yesterday I ran to another thrift type grocery and purchased whole grain oat nut bread~you know, that $4 a loaf stuff for FIFTY CENTS a loaf~omgoodness! AMAZING! With bagels large and small!!  I am so blessed that at this time, I don't have to bake my own bread (which I've done as cost saving measure!) each day or several times a week!  Good healthy inexpensive food is such a blessing.

I'm sorry that I didn't get this up on the 24th~I truly passed out early last night~PRAISE GOD!  Wonder what the others are thankful for?  Head HERE!

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL! HUGS!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

WOW! Good prices are always something to be thankful for. It helps to stretch the budget just a little bit easier.

Catherine said...

A penny saved, is a penny earned, right? And a full belly is nothing to sneeze at, either! That sounds like a very neat place to shop!