Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year AND LOOKING FORWARD...

RIP 2010...LOL
New Year's Eve is a time of reflection for many of us, and I guess I've just not given it much thought until today when I began reading all the thoughtful and hopeful posts on several blogs I follow...seems like a great idea to do some reflecting myself...

Sooo I had to think a minute about last year~wow.
WE MADE IT...one more year...one more time...one more of everything...and
this past year was better...Better in that our home is coming together, our marriage is improving, and our kiddos are still great...and well, God has preserved our health...Well, just overall it's been pretty good, not perfect, but definitely good.

I am soo thankful for:
My family~I have a good husband who can drive me crazy and IS also my sanity...my kids who are so good and kind~what a gift from God...my mother who is very important in my life...my animals~just love those critters!
Our home~it's not perfect, but it's ours...and well on its way to better...making some changes and working a plan!
My friends~I have some incredible friends.  Without my girlfriends, I'd be lost. I have several who I've known for over 25 years who are my sisters...I have others who I haven't known as long who I treasure too~I deeply love my friends who God has given me...
My health~WHAT would I have IF I didn't have this? Little, indeed...very precious little without health.
My God~Without Him, I'd be nothing; I'd surely fail...fall...freakout! He's everything!

Soooo looking forward:

CHANGE:  Life is going to be different.

I am going to continue working at getting in bed earlier. This nightowlish stuff has GOT TO GO...lol...and so it will!

I am going to continue healthy eating patterns and working on becoming spiritually fit in all my life.  I am working a 12 step recovery program for compulsive over eating, and this will continue.  No sugar or white flour~working to weigh and measure all my food. I will remain caffeine free and pork free. I will eat mostly fruit and veggies with lean meats and low salt...

I will add into my life exercise. I have the opportunity tonight to walk and I'm going to do it~I will ask God for the strength to do this daily...

I am hoping for some changes in our homeschooling~that my children gain the needed things and that we grow closer as a family...

I am looking to gain some knowledge in some craft areas~I want to learn to quilt...yes, I do! And so I shall, Lord willing!

Maybe by next year this time I will be healthy enough to have tubed down a hill or made a snow angel~MY FIRST EVER...I'd like to...

I am sooo looking forward to what good things God has in store for us~
Thank you, God...

Happy New Year to you and your family!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Very touching post, SisterT! God bless you and your family this coming new year.

-Stacie

Jen U. said...

A very touching post indeed. Happy New Year, Sister T!