Monday, December 13, 2010

Holiday Bliss 2010: Day 13 ~ Homemade Sausage

Silly as it sounds~but is GREAT for someone like me who doesn't eat pork~
BUT if you gotta have pork, you can substitute ground pork for the ground turkey~whoot!
I LIKE it with sourkraut with cinnamon, onions, applesauce and Splenda~oh yeah! I KNOW it sounds weird...TRUST ME~LOL!

Sooo good on a cold night~or eat with eggs for breakfast! Ya think Santa would like it??

Homemade Sausage
3lbs ground turkey
2 tsp blk pepper
1tsp red pepper (cayanne pepper powder)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground sage
MIX really, really well.  Let set 24 hr before use for best blend...yum!

We had some of this on our homemade pizzas.  Here's what we did:

Boboli crust~whole wheat.
cooked peppers and onions.
turkey sausage cooked
mushrooms out of can
mozzerella cheese shredded
homemade sauce (premade or bought)
Place all items on Boboli in order of sauce, items and top with cheese
Bake on wire wracks for crispy crust..yum!

More  HERE !

3 comments:

Catherine said...

We love Boboli Pizzas, but I don't know if I'm bold enough to make my own sausage. The pictures are adorable.

the Mcclanahan 7 said...

I have never tried making sausage, it doesn't look hard. WE love homemade pizza.

Michelle Smith said...

I have made turkey sausage before, and it was similar to your recipe. Lately we have been mostly eating venison sausage through the winter and spring months. When it runs out, we have been buying the preservative-free kind on BOGO sales. I should make some turkey sausage again soon.