Saturday, December 4, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday: WK 6: Victory! God is Good!

Honestly, I never thought in my life to give over to God what I am eating and how I am treating my body.  I've been a Christian for many many years, but somehow I thought that my body was something I had to manage alone and my failures were uniquely mine.  I never ever gave it a thought that I had the ability to offer my life, my physical body up to God for His will and direction on how I take care of me.  Since about April, all this changed.  God made it clear that I needed to address my eating problems and my overall physical condition.  As an obese female, life had gotten hard, but He let me know that through His strength and power recovery and healing is possible...I am so grateful for this journey.

About 6 weeks ago, Chai Mommy offered up a 10 week fitness challenge for us to take on making needed changes in our lives~a Fitness/health initiative of sorts. I joined in order to work on my life.

Last week was my weigh in~I don't weigh except when I have doctor appointments.  I was down 18lbs! I can honestly praise God for this~I am also down three pants sizes!! whoot!  This is amazing to me.

I committed last week to walk our dog each day, of which I did not.  I don't think I am quite ready to hit the icy sidewalks yet, but I did get out several days this week shopping with loads more walking than I had been capable of in the recent past.  My progress may seem slow, but it's steady.  I am enjoying going into stores again.  Not that long ago it was a painful chore.

I've continued to drink water and today also makes 8 weeks TOTALLY without white sugar and flour.  I have discovered all kinds of delicious food that are either sugar free or are whole wheat in this process~this is amazing! I even am enjoying new vitality and feeling GREAT~

Since April, my total wt loss is 32lbs, but just for the record, I have so far to go that this is less than a drop in that proverbial bucket...however, I am grateful for this amount of physical healing.  I know God is helping me.  I have battled some health issues too~but God is also in control of this in my life as well~I am fully trusting Him~to guide me over what to eat~when to eat and even HOW to eat.

Here's to another week~Just a few more to gooooooooo...woot!

The Fit Mommys are working hard~Read about them HERE!

6 comments:

Laura O in AK said...

Doing a happy dance for you!! (Amy Grant's in my head...singing praise to the Lord....)

I've BEEN there with having a lot to lose. (It might have only been 70 pounds, but that's still a lot in my book.) It is hard, but like you said turning it over to God is a huge step in the right direction. I think I needed that reminder so I can break through this new plateau and see more progress.

Keep up the great work! As for the ice...I can't talk up those Yaks for shoes enough. There's still some times it's too slick for even those. But, there are plenty of times I can move at a good clip while the boys are slipping along.

Jen said...

weight to go on your weight loss

Kelly said...

Congratulations!!! That is awesome. keep up the good work.

Thank you for your encouraging words. They really meant a lot.

i cant decide said...

Awesome, lady! You are amazing! Good job kicking flour and sugar out. I'm so glad you are doing so well with this challenge!!!

Michelle Smith said...

Wow! You are doing such an awesome job! You are so inspiring! :) I know you have a way to go, but if you keep up this momentum you will be where you want to be in no time. Already it is making a big difference in how you feel and your energy level! Hooray! :)

The Burkherts said...

I hear you sister! I have 31.5 down and 95 to go, seems like a long way, but incredibly blessed to feel so much better! God is sooooo good!