Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Bliss 2010: Day 6~Crafting Gifts



CAN you PLEEEZE talk to Santa for me? I NEED/WANT a good camera! I am sooo lost without one LOL! Okay, not really! But it'd be so nice to be able to SHARE with you what I am doing...I am a crafter...another hat among my many~and I am making some of my gifts this year!

Here's the list...and hopefully SOON it Santa comes through..LOL..Maybe I can talk a kiddo into using their equipment for some pics~ya think?? I'll post them up when I can and let ya know~HOPEFULLY before I have to wrap and send!LOL!!

1. Crochet kitchen sets: dish towel with matching pot holders (cloth is purchased b/c some of my recipients dislike thick cloths.)  100% cotton yarn makes it very nice and better for this purpose.  Besides, I hate acrylic yarn for the most part!!

2. Floral arrangement with candle. This is a re-purpose of a gift I'd gotten that I found broken evidently broken during storage. It's a milk glass bowl for my friend with a chip (chip was present..and not there when purchased) inside the dish, making it unusable for food. I discussed with my friend~TALK about spoiling a surprise! AND then she wanted the bowl...loves it~sooo making an everyday floral centerpiece.  Candle is cinnamon and a dark pumpkin color. Using silk ivy of differing hues of green...should  be pretty!

3.  Quilted pot holders for those who like pretty over sturdy.  I am applying fabrics on quilted tops and quilting the whole potholder.  Looks pretty cool!

4.  Finished up a fleece throw in primary red for my daughter.  Her room colors are black, grey/cream and primary red.

5.  Finished up a crochet blanket for my son in baby blue/chocolate brown and cream 100% cotton yarn.  I hate acrylic! So all my projects are cotton.

I don't make all my gifts, but I do like to craft.  I bead, crochet, quilt, sew, food preserve, write, paint, draw, refinish furniture~restoration...I dunno...if I wanna do it~often I try...

I'd love to learn how to do stained glass art and make glass beads...oh I forgot~I do ceramics too! LOL

Christmas is a special time of year where we just get to have so many warm and inviting things in our lives~remembering the REASON for the Season!  It's a favorite time for our family! Last night we were blessed to a Christmas concert with a musical group and area talent.  What a fun time!

Head HERE to read more Holiday Bliss!

GiveAway:  Family film: The Narnia Code  HERE!  Ends 12/12  11:59 EST.

7 comments:

the Mcclanahan 7 said...

Next time at the mall I'll tell Santa you need a camera...or maybe I'll write a letter for you!!
I would love to see the pictures of your gifts.

Debbie Phillips said...

Hey, the kids should not have "equipment" if mom doesn't have any!!!! Hope Santa brings you a new camera and that the kids are being nice not naughty and letting you borrow theirs so we can see your great projects.

Jen U. said...

I'll pass on a good word for you to Santa! We will be visiting with him this week. ;-)

Love that photo of you and yours in the hats.

Kelly said...

I'd be lost without my camera. Thankfully I found mine (it had been lost for a few days) ... it was just hiding under some clothes.

Jen U. said...

By the way, I just have to share with you that the kids and I just got a real kick out of the cat in your sidebar. I just now realized that it follows the mouse. ;-)

Catherine said...

You DO need a camera! I want to see all these beautiful things! I'm going to email Santa right now!

Vickie said...

I can't wait to see photos of your finished projects. I love doing crafts as well. I have a quilt that I started but I don't think it'll be done by Christmas though. Bummer!