Friday, December 24, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday: Week 9~ALMOST There...Well, Sorta~

This is week nine of the Fit Mommy Friday 10 Week Fitness Challenge.  I've faithfully participated and worked to get these ummmm~EVERYTHING pounds off...I have lots of weight to loose...In fact, it's probably more than the whole gang put together...does this make me a winner? No. In fact, I've lost so much because of being morbidly obese in my life...I've been overweight since childhood, and was over 200 lbs by 7th grade~probably 6th, but good ole public school gym class confirmed it when we were publicly weighed (HUMILIATED) by having our heights and weights done for the class~Anywho~who hasn't suffered a little?  But so am I looking at winning this challenge? No.  I am not able to truly do the kinds of exercising that others can accomplish...With several hundred pounds to loose~I've almost said it, now haven't I? I am certainly ashamed...you see, dear friends~you can't really SEE me~but only KNOW what I share...and a tad more honest~I really have pretty much lived a sedentary life up until the challenge of moving each day~and my life~just getting from point A to point B makes me more active...try carrying around a few hundred pounds!  Okay, so my progress:

I continue to eat only what is on my plan of eating.  Today makes 11 weeks eating healthy~addressing my obesity. Of course, a ten week challenge of any kind will not take care of my problems nor yours. We will ALL no matter your size or goals, have to address healthy consumptions moment by moment~day by day~so that in this lifetime, our habits and lives will change.  I'm on this path.  I thank God for it.  Just last night I took the kiddos of our youth group out to snowball fight. They had such a good time and my activity was slightly increased by the extra walking and moving I did~and NO~I didn't snowball fight...was afraid I'd fall down..which in all honesty would have hurt me very badly...nope, so no snowball fights for me this year~but prayerfully next year.

This continued path I am on~is for the first time EVER a solid reliable way to live.  You see, diets never worked. I've been on them ALL my life. But of course, I'd find myself tempted or excusing or just being blah enough to overeat and the pattern would continue...fat on top of fat...until you sorta KNOW the story...one obese middle aged woman attempting to change her life~without surgery or other worse health affecting methods.

You see, I have to share just quickly WHY obesity surgery is not an option for me. With this amount to lose, you might think that it would be the solution for me.  But almost nine years ago I lost my only sibling, my little brother to obesity surgery via a itty bitty medical~surgical mistake that unfortunately was not caught, but cost him his life at age 35.  It took eight hours for him to die, and the medical recovery nurses nor ICU nurse nor two doctors didn't catch it..tragic for sure~and what's worse, is that there is NO way that even if he had survived the procedure and lived~while thin~he would've been healthy.  Remember all that water we try to gulp down each day? Well, the ppl who've had this procedure like he had find it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to maintain their electrolytes naturally b/c they no longer have the physical space nor absorbtion to handle even NORMAL amounts of volume.  Imagine a morbidly obese body that is now stressed by lack of adequate hydration and nutrition (fuel.)  Okay, so now ya know...

But my victory will be all the SWEETER! God has been so good to me.  I am moving..and another fact you didn't know~I've already lost 90 lbs...yeah, you have that number correct.  NINETY...but when I said I have hundreds more to go~getting the picture, yet?  I know that God is going to use my testimony if He allows me to live.  SisterT isn't usually this morbid, but I want to be more transparent by sharing. I want to encourage you to continue your journey of HEALTH (moderation in all things!) so you don't find yourself like I have done.  I am definitely blessed to have found a new way of life...new tools for my journey of life...and HOPEFULLY a new life in a smaller body.

Please pray for me...humiliation comes in so many forms, and fear of failure, fear of loss, fear of just ole fear often tries to consume me.  But as I ONE day at a time~walk this new path...no, I'm not able to just go walking around my block YET..but it's coming!  Just being able to LIVE LIFE is amazing if you have ever EVER lost that.

Thanks so much for your prayers and support.  I have at least this next year or two to KEEP going...so while our challenge will end for some of us~I'm still going to be plugging away~bit by bit~pound by pound~movement by movement. Did I ever share my secret dreams of wanting to be a ballerina as a child? It's such a beautiful art form, and I really wanted to when very young...well, no money and not the correct body...ha! Okay, so you can see there's a dancer here~INSIDE...dancing...in my heart, and ONE DAY in my body!

Hopping off here to head out shopping AGAIN today~what a blessing to have such energy...God is sooo good! Walking the stores is a boost!

Thanks again~sooo how are you doing? Don't give up~EVEN THO it's Christmas! What better gift to yourself and the ppl who love YOU other than taking CARE of the body God gave you? Join me?

Hugs!

Read mo of the Fit Mommy Fri ladies  HERE!

7 comments:

Annie Kate said...

As I was walking today, I was thinking about you, wondering how the week had gone for you. I was thrilled to read that you're 90 pounds down, and continuing along the good path. Praise the Lord! Just keep right on keeping on!

Merry Christmas

((Hugs))

Annie Kate

momma24 said...

You are doing an amazing job! I am inspired by you and the transparency you have. You should be very proud of the progress you have made so far. Keep up the GREAT work!!

Merry Christmas!!

The Burkherts said...

Keep up the good work! I too am morbidly obese, I have lost 35 lbs and have 95 lbs to go. In September of this year I couldn't walk around my house without getting terribly winded, now I can do 5 brisk miles a day, yes, I am winded and sweating, but I can do it. Don't be afraid to push yourself a little, just not too much ( I know because I did). Enjoy the journey! It is starting to become pleasant to me, it was really hard to begin with, and I have days that are hard too, but not so much.
You can do it, Praise God and pass the fruit and don't forget the water.
Blessings to you.

Laura O in AK said...

Doing a happy dance for your progress so far! Keep going...as you've probably already found even a portion of weight gone can have a significant positive impact on your life.

Some of us might have less to tackle on this challenge, but can empathize with you. I started the challenge lighter than when I got pregnant with this last one. But, I've got plenty of pictures of me when I was obese (224 ish.) And, I honestly think I still feel like a heavier person than I am now.

Stacie said...

I am encouraged and blessed by this post. You already have a testimony with what God is doing for you. Being healthier is a choice, just like anything else--kudos to you for making that choice. Please keep us updating and I'm definitely in your corner. God bless you for sharing such a personal matter. Often times satan wants us to feel as though we're all alone, isolated, the only one. By sharing this, you're showing someone that they're not alone.
Take care!
Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

i cant decide said...

Good job! Thanks for sharing your inspiring story! Big hugs!

Lorus! said...

~~~~STANDING OVATION~~~~~~~
Sister T - God gave you the gift of encouragement. I am so grateful that you have been part of this challenge because I know that I am not the only one to have been blessed by you.
I am proud of you for sharing your story. Hiding the truth can be so easy online and hiding the truth is not helpful.
I think of you frequently and am encouraged by your desire to stick with your goal. I also pray for you and each of our challenge participants.
Again, thank you for sharing, for encouraging, for keeping on keeping on!