Saturday, February 12, 2011

REVIEW: The Curosity Files~QuickSand

The Curiosity Files:  Quicksand
Explorations with Professor Ana Lyze, Expert in Outlandish OdditiesWebsite:  HERE  (You can purchase this series in bundles too for a discounted price per study!)
Ages: K-HS, but I think that fourth-fifth grades boys would LOVE it!
Cost: $6.95
I say: Unique fun unit study!

I received a copy of Curiosity Files QuickSand by The Old Schoolhouse Magazine as part of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine's Crew review team for my honest opinions without monetary compensation.  My opinions are my own.

I have encountered QUICKSAND and I never knew it until I read this Curiosity Files unit study!  Having grown up around marsh and beaches, I had no idea just what quicksand is, but found that I just couldn't put down Curiosity Files: Quicksand because it is written in such an interesting way~

HOLD YOUR HAT!

The Curiosity Files: Quicksand is a version of The Old Schoolhouse Magazines' newest line of unit studies for kids ALL ages~a whopping 80 pages that includes a very well written narrative and all kinds of activities for learning about quicksand.  There are alternative titles and if you are CURIOS, the subjects are actually listed in the essay subject suggestions area or of course, you can ck out the website, The Schoolhouse StoreHERE!

INSIDE:

Narrative
Bible Study
Games
Copy Work
Recreations
Safety Tips
Geography
MORE~

Basically EVERYTHING you could ever think about to learn of QUICKSAND is right in this The Curiosity Files: Quicksand!  You won't be disappointed~and what's really neat is that you can purchase this online and do an immediate download~You will need a printer but the study is set up totally interactive!  Pretty COOL~

I like it~There are extensions for high schoolers such as an enhanced vocabulary list and activities.  I can see that there are some solid offerings for young learners too, but overall, to get the biggest bulk of the information and use, I think a 4-5th grade boy would just LOVE quicksand! This format of these unit studies is to peak the curiosity and interest of kids about unusual and unique stuff~It does that~FUN!

Head             to read about a variety of Curiosity Files that the CREW chose to review!

1 comment:

Jill said...

We had a blast with quicksand, especially making our own out of cornstarch and water. I hope your "new to you" way of homeschooling is still going well.