Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Review: The Treasure of God's Word~Celebrating 400 Yrs of the King James Bible

The Treasure of God's Word~Celebrating 400 Yrs of the King James Bible
Jack Countryman
Thomas Nelson Publisher
Hardback/leatherette cover-gold edges/title
Cost:  $16.99
Get it: HERE!
I say: Gorgeous book and I love it!

This collection of Scripture is not your everyday Bible promise book, while it is that, it also has a written history of the English translation, the King James Version Bible.  I love good Bible promise books that give my weary heart a glimpse into God's goodness for His people, and since Treasury of God's Word is such a beautiful book with its leatherette cover in a rich ruddy chocolate brown, gold title and gold page edges the exterior beauty alone doesn't compare to the wonderful message inside.  The old adage to never judge a book by its cover is lost here because you can judge this beautiful book by its lovely cover!

Inside you will find detailed Scripture promises for everyday life organized by topics.  They include God's nature in which Scriptures concerning His love, grace, mercy, Spirit, compassion, faithfulness, kindness, patience, forgiveness, righteousness comfort, power, strength, presence (45 total)....all explored with nothing but the beautiful words of life~the Bible..and the King James Version at that!

The history of the KJV is fully explored from the beginning prior to 1611 when the first King James Version was published to the current revision the New King James Version in 1982.

I absolutely LOVE this book and have already found several uses for it in my Christian walk.

I intend to use it as inspiration on troubling days to offer a quick reference to the nature and promises of God to relieve my spirit and soul offering me growth and hope.

I intend to use the KJV history to teach our children the exciting progress of how the English speaking world gained its most treasured Book~the KJV Bible!

I will also use it to provide Bible study resources in theme for the youth group I teach each week.

I could also make this book a lovely gift for family or friends, even using it to give as a gift at church for Mother's or Father's Day to the one who has the most family present as is the tradition in our church. (I'm keeping this one! LOL)

You will love The Treasure of God's Word~Celebrating 400 Yrs of the King James Bible!

I received The Treasury of God's Word~Celebrating 400 Yrs of the King James Bible from Book Sneeze for an honest review with no monetary compensation.
I review for BookSneeze

No comments: