Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday Talk'n About Teens~Forgiveness

Plans4You

I look up from my computer screen to see my daughter rushing into the house searching though her desk drawer.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing!"

Nothing, right! WHAT IS SHE DOING??

"What are you looking for?"

"Nothing!"

Still searching... ... ... ... ...

I had sent them on some errands to purchase an item, mail a letter and where were the items??

"Where's the stuff?"

"WHAT stuff?"

Still searching... ... ... ... now has gone upstairs to get her money and is counting on the table... ... ... ...

"WHERE IS MY MONEY or STUFF??"

"Uh...we lost it..." sad, and frantically STILL counting... ... ...

My teens lost $20 bucks today on their bikes in route to the errands. I had to exercise forgiveness because THEY DIDN'T MEAN to do this, and they had to forgive themselves...

"Mom, you don't have to pay me back..."

OH YES I DO...

(They don't know I lost $20 when I was their age and got the hide torn off me..." OH yeah...I can forgive and they can too!

I am so proud of my awesome teens!

1 comment:

Illinois Lori said...

A good lesson to learn! Done the hard way, though...ahhh, youth. Too bad it wasn't $5, but they will definitely be more careful next time!

Blessings,
Lori
PS: Like the new bloggy-look!