Monday, May 10, 2010

Online Writing Class?

It's hard to teach this old dog a new trick but when it comes to teaching essay writing, I have been at a lost and need all the tricks I can get...

If there is a weak area in our homeschool, it would be in the area of writing.  I hate this too because I love to write, but find it hard to teach~go figure! Well, I have looked and searched even purchased several writing "solutions" over the years eventually abandoning them because of various reasons.  When I recieved an offering through Currclick for an online virtual classroom class that was really affordable, at first glance I hit the delete button.  HONESTLY I am so tired of all the marketing, so I didn't give it much of a look, but went on with my day.  My friend is an excellent writer, and she has agreed to work to help me with the kids. This is a way to cooperate with other homeschooling moms and other friends and resources to well round out our children's educations.  So with this said, my friend was aware of what I was thinking and needing for the kids.  She had also gotten the blast from Currclick and sent it on to me wondering had I seen it. Ha~I read the thing! and saw it was affordable and doable.  $12.50 for three one hour online viruatual classes over three weeks with interactive support and help sounded sooo good.  Now to be sure, I had NEVER signed up for such an adventure, but my kids are tech savy, as we've used the computer to learn before! Off I went to sign them up, and we took the class.  My laptop is the computer that we can patch into our large television screen so that we could all hear and see.  All except for some audio issues where the sound echoed at intervals and then repeated some, it was great! I am hoping that when our instructor sends the recorded sesson later tonight it will be 100% clear and when watched a built in review.  There will be some assignments and peer reviews as well! I am excited. This was on the academic ESSAY.  I have been working to teach and perfect this type of writing with my two and am so thankful for this online opportunity.

Sometimes help comes in unexpected sources~a place I had clearly not been open to partaking in.  It might be wise to look beyond the book's cover for sure!  Sometimes the Ole dog needs to look around and open the book...
Here's to a NEW method~
SisterTipster<3

No comments: