Saturday, July 24, 2010

Family Matters: Marriage Rally 2010

There is a movement in our nation to redefine marriage.  God BEGAN marriage as the institution of a man and a woman to come together in religious and civil ceremony to have a covenant of promise being commanded "to go forth and multiply" giving this institution the role of raising children.  How sad that those who neither have reproductive powers within their relationships seek the status of being called MARRIED when clearly the role of marriage or at the very least, one of the roles of marriage cannot be done~when same-sex partners desire children they must look elsewhere for those reproductive powers.  This alone is a reason that it's against what was originally intended as marriage's purpose.  OK, with this said, those who are in favor of same sex marriage "civil rights" want all the benefits of those who have the powers of reproduction and responsibility to the children they produce~this is a warped interpretation of God's view.  Further Scriptural reading shows that "unnatural affections" are an abomination.  Sad fact, but what He said...and the translated word abomination is pretty strong language for this kind of affection.  I'd not want to be on the receiving end of such criticism from God..no, not me!

Same-sex protesters numbering 15.
In support of MARRIAGE and how God sees it is a group, the National Organization for Marriage (NOM) who is conducting a several state tour to promote what God has ordained and put together for society's orderly formation of the family.  NOM is not a "hate" group which is what it has been called by opponents, but rather a rallying force for MARRIAGE and the traditional standard since Genesis of ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN~period via any and all faith based groups who affirm this viewpoint. Well, obviously some religious organizations don't hold to the Biblical view, which makes me wonder just what business THEY are in, but must hold some kind of opposing viewpoint as demonstrated by the willingness to allow homosexuals to lead within their ranks.  I am aware that there are "gender neutral" Biblical "translations" out there, so I've heard, but I definitely don't follow.  I am a pure traditionalist and God-fearing, LOVING, and honoring follower of HIS WORD.  I need no NEW modern interpretation.  God spoke and I listen. Simple as that!

Maggie Gallagher, NOM Chairperson.
So with all said, I want to share with you some pictures of the NOM Marriage rally that I participated in today. I am a little dismayed by low turnout on both the marriage side AND the same-sex side...but I am going to say that with all the police presence and signage along with the past rabble rousing people could have felt intimidated. At this rally all were respectful of each other. I had prayed and even went so far as discussing with my son who is 14 what he should do it he were intimidated or bothered in some way or others as well.  We had a plan that I'm thankful to say we did not need.

I was able to meet Louis Marinelli of the Facebook site, Protect Marriage: One Man, One Woman who I have known for over a year.  I friended Louis at that time and have even become one of the ProtectMarriageSite.com writers, but we had never met in person. Amazing that he has been able to put such a strong PRO-MARRIAGE presence out there! You GO Louis!

I want to urge you to stand up for God and His values by supporting NOM and this Summer Marriage Tour events. You can go HERE to find the next stop~They will be traveling through August 15th and coming to a city near you!

Daniel Webster was quoted at this rally and he is so true:

Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. -- From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger. I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing. Make them intelligent, and they will be vigilant; give them the means of detecting the wrong, and they will apply the remedy.

Isn't homeschooling all about making our children intelligent and protecting our freedom? WE MUST ACT!

1 comment:

Guano said...

So sad that you wasted your Saturday fretting about the lives of other taxpayers who want to secure equal rights under the law.