Friday, September 11, 2009

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle...

It's so sweet to snuggle a baby.  Their smell and feel is unlike any other, and for mother this is a special time in her life and her baby's life. The effects of motherhood have been tremendous on every facet of society since time began.  It's really true that the hand that rocks the cradle rocks the world.  Motherhood is a sacred right and obligation for women who bear children.  It's unique and unlike any relationship with any other.  Mother and child is a bond that is crucial for healthy development.


I am all over Facebook.  I know this is of no consequence to many, but as I have read and commented, I have noticed beginning in the recent weeks a disturbing ad,  "Obama wants women to return to college. You can get your degree..."  Don't get me wrong, I am not against education for women.  I BELIEVE in it! But I am not thrilled with the wholesale advertisement to bring women in general out of their homes with their little ones or big ones to gain an education that could remove mothers from the place of honor, the home with their children~our children.  I realize I am speaking contrary to the popular practices of our day.  I feel it is not in our national best interest or the interest of our children to encourage dissatisfaction for the women who seek to raise their children at home. 

Mothering is so important to not just our children, but to our society and nation.  Become educated! No problem, but not at the expense of our children! Rock your cradle, and remember you are 'rocking' the world because only God knows WHO our children will be as they grow and mature to serve, and it all began in mother's arms in mother's home. Rock on!

blessings,

No comments: